1.7.13

The tomorrow I worried about yesterday

Today I woke up with a few thoughts clouding my mind... I genuinely feel like everyone has a moment in their life that they feel defines their growth. That moment where everything that follows is suddenly seen differently. Yesterday was my last day at PowerHouseClothing as an intern and instead of waking up late I found myself up at 6am thinking I should be heading to work. I have been anxious about what to do next after the internship and how I will make capital to commence with a few jotted ideas. My contract was terminated 24hours ago and I can confidently say that I have learnt exceedingly in these past four months, my visions for my future were undeniably wiped clean and I am starting to build from scratch the things that I really want to do and make a career out off, something that will be an extention of my being. The fact that I am still at college and working hard in between freelance jobs and trying to organise small events is demanding, thus I have learnt to differentiate between success and achievements and lining in everything that is smart-working before things that delay successful end good results. When I first came on board as an intern I had already told myself that I want to explore and work under every department as oppose to sticking to fashion and design related tasks, though i wasn't sure I could cut it(which I did) this assisted me greatly as I developed different skills and learnt outside my comfort zone. Coming to work every morning at 7:30 was not easy but it had to be done, and I sit here today thinking, today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday but I am glad I went through that growth and success. Take every chance and drop every fear
 
 
 
{Image credit: theeverygirlblog}

No comments:

Post a Comment