5.11.15

Rachel Molefe // Emerging Designer Harnessing the African Spirit




I hope that you guys are having a wonderful day today, why wouldn't we, right? It's Friday after all. Gosh I have missed my blog and just updating regularly. I have been fortunate enough to meet a talented designer from New Castle, currently completing a design programme with The KZN Fashion Council, whose work I am admiring. 

Rachel Molefe's seriously beautiful collection has me wishing I was still putting pencil on paper, creating clothing that translates my story. Her collection from July (A/W 15) still gets me stimulated. Earthy hues, delicate luxurious fabric's, oh lord, and the exquisite beading work over the well planned prints (that I had the privilege of designing for her for her S/S 16 range). 

I wouldn’t typically associate her talent with an emerging youthful designer, but once you’ve met the young lady herself it all comes together and makes sense. The 'silent-drama' spoken through this majestic cover-up/coat is one of my favorite things about her collection inspired by the African Spirit. Here is a sneak-peek at her work. 








No comments:

Post a Comment