14.12.15

Personal style, minimalism & taking up slow simple living

I think December is the best time to revamp or rid some of you 'old' habits to take on something new. Whether this is a simple de-clutter, re-looking at your daily time commitments, negative thought patterns and/or toxic relationships.
In this case though, I've decided to mainly rethink my wardrobe or rather, my personal style. Things have kinda gotten out of hand with impulsive purchases and "oh I like this", and " I think this could work well with that other top I got last week". Jah hey... things need to slow down and reshape up as far as my wardrobe is in concern. I will be detoxing my Clothes, shoes, bags, accessories and make-up collection - not that I have a lot to spare, but I am seriously picking up too much items I hardly wear, don't like anymore and things that just no longer compliment my ever transforming body. 

People tend to assume that people who work in fashion/Retail/Clothing industries work there because they love clothing and probably have tons of clothes - which is not always the case. I like clothing yes,but I am very particular about the items I buy and wear. The moral of my new wardrobe has to speak Minimal, Simple and Timeless(Season-less). Being a Minimalist does not only mean ridding possessions, but I find that these are a good place for me to start. The things you own, big and small, aren’t just stuff. They represent your history, aspirations, habits and values. And giving away some of the things you really do not Need means you open your self up to time, space and energy for things that really matter.  
 

WHAT IS MINIMALISM?

The key idea of minimalism is: Remove what isn’t adding value to your life, to make room for stuff that is (of good quality and complimenting to your body and personality). 

SO HOW CAN I START LIVING A SIMPLER LIFE?

Ask questions. What things, people and activities are currently adding value to your life and which aren’t? What do you wish you had more time for? Some questions to get you started:
Which 3-5 things are most important to you in life? Does the way you spend your time and money reflect these?
What part of the day do you usually look forward to the most? Why?
How does your living space make you feel?
How many hours per day do you spend feeling rushed, stressed or anxious? What (or who) is causing that?
What is your favourite place in your house/apartment? Why?
How often do you do things just for fun?
What activities always leave you feeling fresh and re-energised?
Which of your commitments (side projects, friends, memberships, etc.) truly add value to your life and which don’t?
If this week had an extra day, how would you spend it?
How good are you at saying no?





No comments:

Post a Comment